Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Trav

Last Friday we received a phone call.
The one with a number that looks familiar but your not sure where.
The one that you know brings some news.
The one that says someone is gone forever.
It hit hard and it fast.
It didn't matter that we haven't seen him in 3 years.
What mattered was we would never see him again.
Never hear his laugh.
What mattered was for the last 3 years he'd been talking about coming to see us and we'd been talking about going to see him.
We will be going tomorrow.
Too little too late.


When I think about losing a friend there are no words. The last person I knew personally and was close to that passed away was my Grandpa... I was 6.
So to say that I do not know how to handle this is an understatement.
I look at my husband who has lost more friends in the past 2 years than I care to share and I realize how amazingly strong he is.
I look around at my family and friends and realize I don't want to go 3 years before I see them and then it be too late.
I realize I need to hug my babies more and worry about dishes less.
I need to have girls nights and laugh with the beautiful people I surround myself with.
I need to travel and see my friends who I am not lucky enough to live close to.
I need to continue to date my husband.
I need to live and I need to grow old because as they say it is a privilege denied to many.

So tomorrow when we drive 14 hours to Yakima WA we will be jamming out to a Trav mix that I'm sure will make me laugh, make me cry, and probably make me curse his choice of music.
We will share memories with some of the most amazing people I know and we will most likely be forced to have a shot of Yukon Jack. But most of all I will laugh because that is what he would want.


No comments:

Post a Comment