Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Today I Noticed

I think we all get in the habit of wishing days away.
We are constantly looking forward to the next instead of living in the moment.
I am the queen of this.
16 days until Christmas break...
But everyday I challenge myself to notice something amazing about the day.
I challenge myself to live in the moment.
Some days this is really easy and others it is one of the most challenging parts of my day.

Today was an especially easy day to notice.
This morning I noticed a husband who had both boys dressed and ready before I woke up.
I had eggs, an avocado, and coffee waiting for me when I got out of the shower.
I had a baby with a puffy little face and a little guy who was rocking out in the kitchen while his dad was cooking him breakfast.
It is so easy to get stressed with the everyday busy schedule of a working mom, but today I took a deep breath and was thankful for an amazing life.
Today I noticed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment